Social Selling: The Importance of Sharing
July 10, 2013
In today’s world of social connectivity, top salespeople need to
be information curators to attract buyers and influence buying
decisions. What's the best way to go about doing that? SlideShare's
solutions consultant, Kevin
Fisher, recently explained how and why SlideShare is a powerful
tool for sharing content and building influence, in a webinar with the Sales Foundry.
SlideShare not only has a wealth of quality content to surface, but social sharing of it is made easy. If you don't have time to watch the full 40-minute webinar just now, Sales Foundry founder Kurt Shaver itemized his big takeaways:
1. Content marketing is a powerful technique for reaching today’s Internet-empowered B2B buyers. Buyers don’t rely on the salesperson for information as much anymore, so sellers need to meet buyers where buyers hang out. Increasingly, that is the social web.
2. The effect of content becomes synonymous with the sharer. As a seller shares valuable content, both their visibility and credibility rise.
3. Busy salespeople don’t have to create content, they can curate it. This is important for sellers who are worried about social selling taking too much time.
4. SlideShare is quickly growing as a high-traffic content distribution site. It is one of the top 150 sites on the Internet with 60 million visitors a month!
5. Blogs are great. Visual stories are even better. “A picture is worth 1,000 words.”
6. Anyone can open a free SlideShare account. The Pro version of this freemium application offers extra features for analytics, lead capture, and other benefits.
Watch the full webinar on Vimeo and start building your social influence!