On SlideShare, home is where the newsfeed is
September 9, 2011
If you are a registered SlideShare user, you now have your own SlideShare ‘home’ page containing your personalized newsfeed. Take a look by logging in to your SlideShare account. When you enter your name and password, you’ll be taken to your home page with the newsfeed. This newsfeed keeps you up to date on what your network is doing.
In the newsfeed you’ll see...
- Notification of new uploads from people you follow.
- Comments about the presentations of people you follow.
- Find out when someone in your network follows someone new.
- You can also see who has recently visited your profile (Tip: is your profile up to date?)
- You can even see recent ‘featured’ presentations from the SlideShare home page
See someone whose presentations you like? Follow them to get updates in your newsfeed whenever they upload a new presentation. Any time there is an update to your newsfeed, you'll see a red marker at the top left next to your user name. This lets you know that there is something new to check out.
Here are some things you can do right from your newsfeed...
- Comment on a presentation.
- Make a presentation a favorite.
- View comments that people in your network make on other presentations.
- Follow people without leaving your newsfeed.
- Share what’s on your mind.
Lots of reasons to grow your network
There are all kinds of reasons to follow members of the SlideShare community. Keep up to date on what experts in your field are presenting. Follow creative trends in presentation design. Let your SlideShare network curate presentations for you - read their comments and decide if you want to follow someone new or fave a presentation. Get more views of your presentations when your followers comment or make your presentation a favorite.
Use Facebook Connect to find people to follow
Don’t want to spend time looking for people to follow? Just click on the Facebook Connect button and we will look for all your Facebook friends on SlideShare so you can follow them and build up your SlideShare network.
We want to make it easy for you to navigate to your newsfeed, see what's new and interact with your network. Let us know in the comments how your new newsfeed is working for you.
Go ahead and check out your newsfeed now>>