How to build community through SlideShare?
May 19, 2009
Angela Connor is an online community strategist and she has written an excellent article about how you can build your own community using SlideShare. Here's a quick summary of her community building tips:
1. Check to see who has “favorited” and/or “embedded” your
2. Visit their profile and view their slides.
3. Send a personal message asking to connect.
4. Search keywords for your topics of interest. Once you do this, repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Share your slides on LinkedIn and Facebook.
6. Post thoughtful comments and offer feedback on presentations.
7. Share presentations with others and be sure to let the creator of the slide know about it.
8. Embed slides (yours and others) in blogposts and on your website.
9. Consider sharing more than just slides.
Angela, thanks for the endorsement. We couldn't agree more.